Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch wont unlock my MacBook Pro

my apple watch was used to unlock my MacBook without me having to enter a password. I changed my Apple ID password a few days ago since I forgot it. Now when I go to settings and try to connect "Allow your apple watch to unlock your mac" and it shows a pop-up message of- "Your Apple Watch must be signed in to iCloud to allow it to unlock your Mac. You can sign in using the Apple Watch app on your iPhone." Has anyone had this problem? Help me!

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 7

Posted on Sep 13, 2021 8:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2021 4:32 PM

i figured it out and i had to remove my apple watch from my account and connect it again. thankfully it saved all my information I had. after recoonecting it again I restarted my MacBook and went to settings to make sure I can turn on allow apple watch to unlock mac. and it did!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2021 4:32 PM in response to shuichy

i figured it out and i had to remove my apple watch from my account and connect it again. thankfully it saved all my information I had. after recoonecting it again I restarted my MacBook and went to settings to make sure I can turn on allow apple watch to unlock mac. and it did!

Apple Watch wont unlock my MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.