You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using another charger for iPad Pro

Hi,

I just bought an used iPad Pro 2020 and unfortunately it wasn’t sold with the original charger. Since the iPad has an USB-C port which is the same one as my previous Samsung phone, may I use the Samsung charger with my iPad? Thanks!

Posted on Sep 13, 2021 10:00 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2021 10:25 AM

Your iPad will automatically regulate battery charging. Providing that neither iPad nor Power Adapter have fault, no damage will occur.

5 replies

Sep 13, 2021 10:07 AM in response to deddytech

Samsung Power Adapters often feature the QC (Quick Charge) standard; QC is not supported by Apple devices.

Many Apple devices, such as your 2020 iPad Pro, support USB PD (Power Delivery) standard - and will fast charge your iPad. The iPad was originally supplied with a 20W USB-C Power Adapter - and will charge the iPad at its maximum supported charging rate. Higher powered Power Adapters can be used (e.g., the Apple 30W USB-C) although will not charge the iPad any faster. Higher powered Power Adapters are useful when powering other USB devices whilst charging the iPad via a USB Hub or other adapter.

Using another charger for iPad Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.