Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

battery stuck in keyboard

I have THREE wireless apple keyboards that I cannot use because the innermost batteries are stuck. I cannot get them out, and the batteries are dead, so not enough "juice" to turn keyboards on.

Is there some trick to getting the batteries out? I tried banging one of them against a wooden shelf but that didn't work. I don't want to bang too hard.

iMac Pro

Posted on Sep 13, 2021 11:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2021 11:55 AM

How many batteries are stuck?

⚠️ PLEASE find and post the boards' Model numbers. You will need a good magnifier to read it on the white panel on the back. A quick look at other posts about stuck batteries show the model A1314 uses only TWO batteries but older models may use three. Some posters are trying to remove a non-existent third battery from an A1314.

On the underside of the board there are tiny icons showing a two-battery board:

Make sure what appears to be a stuck third battery is not the contact in a two-battery keyboard.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 13, 2021 11:55 AM in response to gwesq

How many batteries are stuck?

⚠️ PLEASE find and post the boards' Model numbers. You will need a good magnifier to read it on the white panel on the back. A quick look at other posts about stuck batteries show the model A1314 uses only TWO batteries but older models may use three. Some posters are trying to remove a non-existent third battery from an A1314.

On the underside of the board there are tiny icons showing a two-battery board:

Make sure what appears to be a stuck third battery is not the contact in a two-battery keyboard.

Sep 13, 2021 11:07 AM in response to gwesq

I would look on Youtube to see what others have done. In short all batteries if ignored will lose their charge and then swell which is exactly what has occurred in your case. If you cannot get them out, then it will be time to replacement. If you need to replacement then do so with keyboards that have rechargeable batteries built into them.

Sep 13, 2021 12:52 PM in response to gwesq

The newer (last 2-3 years) Apple wireless keyboards do not come with AAA style batteries. They are non-replaceable lithium ion batteries that ones charges with a Lightning cable. These are much much better as there is no battery to change and no e-waste to be concerneed about. You can get them with or without numeric pads too which makes them nice. If you need to replace them, consider contacting www.macsales.com and see if they have any used ones. Totally reliable vendor if you have never dealt with them.

battery stuck in keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.