Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I retrieve a deleted text message

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 13, 2021 2:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2021 2:44 PM

Have you turned on iCloud Messaging? Settings > (your name) > iCloud > Messages

If it is turned on your message is gone and you cannot retrieve it.

If you haven't, and your text message is in your last backup, you can restore from that last backup and get it back. You will lost anything added since the date/time of that last backup. Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 13, 2021 2:44 PM in response to JLS27

Have you turned on iCloud Messaging? Settings > (your name) > iCloud > Messages

If it is turned on your message is gone and you cannot retrieve it.

If you haven't, and your text message is in your last backup, you can restore from that last backup and get it back. You will lost anything added since the date/time of that last backup. Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Sep 13, 2021 2:43 PM in response to JLS27

The only way to recover deleted messages would be to restore your iPhone with a saved backup. This process is time-consuming so you might want to consider if it is worth it for a couple of messages, and it would be dependant on you having a backup that has these text messages saved, so if you don't back up your phone regularly (I personally have mine done automatically which you can learn about here) then this process might not work.

You may also find this link helpful in regards to restoring your device from a backup.

Restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch from a backup – Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.