Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Network provider lock

how Can I unlock my network provider?

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 13, 2021 5:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2021 5:32 PM

As it is stated in the notification on your iPhone, please contact the original network provider since the iPhone may be locked to that provider. All network provider unlocks are performed by the provider.

Axel F.

5 replies

Sep 13, 2021 5:32 PM in response to bola130

If you have a password and the name of your network it should unlock. If not, you may want to call your network provider and ask them why your device is restricted an why it has Certain limiting capabilities and get them to unlock it...Or you can just cancel them out and go with a different Network Provider...Hope that helps. If it doesn't help then maybe you can tell me what you were doing before the padlock went on your device?

Sep 29, 2021 3:40 PM in response to ericwh

ericwh wrote:

If you have a password and the name of your network it should unlock. If not, you may want to call your network provider and ask them why your device is restricted an why it has Certain limiting capabilities and get them to unlock it...Or you can just cancel them out and go with a different Network Provider...Hope that helps. If it doesn't help then maybe you can tell me what you were doing before the padlock went on your device?

Not really. You cannot simply cancel a carrier and move to another carrier if the phone is locked to a specific carrier. Only the carrier a phone is locked to can unlock the phone. One would have to contact the carrier the phone is locked to, and see if they qualify for an unlock and what their requirements are for an unlock. Money could be owed on the account and that would have to be satisfied or a carrier simply won't unlock a phone.

Network provider lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.