Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get the security update for Mojave and Safari 14.1.2

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Sep 13, 2021 8:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2021 1:46 PM

Warrior1977 wrote:

I have Mojave OS, and since loading the Safari Update yesterday my system is running very sluggishly and I've had screen freeze and other weird things going on. Has anyone else noticed any problems after updating?

There are always problems when there are millions of users. Always.

Reboot into Safe Mode and try again.

If you have add-on cleaner apps, add-on anti-malware apps, add-on VPN apps, add-on ad-blockers, or other such apps, disable all that per vendors’ documentation, reboot, and try again.

Failing that, post an EtreCheck report here. Run that app, and share the report to the clipboard. Open a new reply and then press the button that looks like a printed page to get a text input (attachment) box big enough to paste the hardware and software configuration report here.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2021 1:46 PM in response to Warrior1977

Warrior1977 wrote:

I have Mojave OS, and since loading the Safari Update yesterday my system is running very sluggishly and I've had screen freeze and other weird things going on. Has anyone else noticed any problems after updating?

There are always problems when there are millions of users. Always.

Reboot into Safe Mode and try again.

If you have add-on cleaner apps, add-on anti-malware apps, add-on VPN apps, add-on ad-blockers, or other such apps, disable all that per vendors’ documentation, reboot, and try again.

Failing that, post an EtreCheck report here. Run that app, and share the report to the clipboard. Open a new reply and then press the button that looks like a printed page to get a text input (attachment) box big enough to paste the hardware and software configuration report here.

Sep 19, 2021 7:30 AM in response to Mac_Hammer_Fan

Mac_Hammer_Fan wrote:

The update is there for Big Sur and Catalina but Apple neglects Mojave Users. I am disappointed. We should get security updates till november.

Safari 14.1.2 was released for Mojave on 13-Sep-2021.

As Apple may or may not read your posting here, log your feedback directly with Apple: Product Feedback - Apple

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.