Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Stuck on Apple Logo. Will not connect to iTunes

I had my phone on the charger. I came back and went to open an app but it would keep closing it. I knew my phone storage was full so I went into my photos to delete some to create space but it wouldn't move the photos to the deleted section. So I shut down my phone. When I restarted it, it never moved past the black Apple logo screen. I signed into iTunes and put my phone in recovery mode but no message ever popped up on iTunes. It also is not recognizing my device in iTunes. Is there anything else I can do?

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 13, 2021 9:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2021 6:11 PM

I was able to figure it out and after trying to update my phone about 15-20 times it finally went through and my phone is back up and running. Thank you. Apple really needs to address this issue or at least warn consumers that when their iPhone storage is full that it will cause the phone to crash. If I would have known that I would have addressed it sooner and wouldn't have wasted 8 hours of my day trying to get this fixed.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 14, 2021 6:11 PM in response to Lindsay_B.

I was able to figure it out and after trying to update my phone about 15-20 times it finally went through and my phone is back up and running. Thank you. Apple really needs to address this issue or at least warn consumers that when their iPhone storage is full that it will cause the phone to crash. If I would have known that I would have addressed it sooner and wouldn't have wasted 8 hours of my day trying to get this fixed.

Sep 14, 2021 3:40 PM in response to McKenna2108

Hi, McKenna,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities. If we understand, your iPhone will not boot past the Apple logo, and your computer does not seem to recognize it when you try to connect with iTunes. You've come to the right place to get some help with this!

Based on what you've described, we recommend starting with the steps outlined in the Apple Support article If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support.

Once your computer can communicate with your device, you should be able to follow the steps in If your iPhone won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support to attempt regaining access to your iPhone. If you're still unable to do that, however, you will next need to speak with Apple Support directly. You can do that here: Get Support.

Best!

iPhone Stuck on Apple Logo. Will not connect to iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.