Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac book air doesn’t turn on

How can I force restart my MacBook Air? The screen is black and there are no sounds.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 13, 2021 9:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2021 9:08 PM

hteeling25 Said:

"Mac book air doesn’t turn on: How can I force restart my MacBook Air? The screen is black and there are no sounds."

-------

Troubleshooting this:

A. Black Mac Screen:

Go Here: If your Mac doesn't Turn On or Start Up - Apple Support

Using External Devices: Try Resetting the SMC and NVRAM, but this time, using an external keyboard. Connect an external monitor and see if you get an output.

B. Mac Power Issues:

Try a New Charger:

If it is currently charging from a charger, then use a new charger:

A Few Links to Refer to Power:

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 13, 2021 9:08 PM in response to hteeling25

hteeling25 Said:

"Mac book air doesn’t turn on: How can I force restart my MacBook Air? The screen is black and there are no sounds."

-------

Troubleshooting this:

A. Black Mac Screen:

Go Here: If your Mac doesn't Turn On or Start Up - Apple Support

Using External Devices: Try Resetting the SMC and NVRAM, but this time, using an external keyboard. Connect an external monitor and see if you get an output.

B. Mac Power Issues:

Try a New Charger:

If it is currently charging from a charger, then use a new charger:

A Few Links to Refer to Power:

Sep 14, 2021 5:23 PM in response to muhanad128

hteeling25 Said:

"I own a macbook air model 1932 and I tried to turn on the device but it did not respond, I went to the agent in Jordan and they told me that there is a hardware malfunction, my question to you??  Is there a replacement service, note that I have not used the device yet, thank you"

-------

Is this <1 Year Old?:

You have a one-year, out-of-the-box, limited-warranty with this device. So, do you have this covered under warranty? If so, did the Apple Rep being that up? The would take it in, it would be diagnosed, and it would be determined if it can be swapped out or fixed. For note: My 2017 MBP's screen dies 11 times, so they swapped it out for free, being I was a calm patient customer (something the Apple Rep told me they "really don't often get). If it is more than a year old, and you have no coverage (i.e. AppleCare +), then it must be service per your won costs. So, learn from this knowing to always consider getting an AppleCare Plan. Once it expires, you can expand it, paying it off for updo 36 months (3 years).

Mac book air doesn’t turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.