Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID

Hello.The email address of my Apple ID right now is wrong and I want to change it to the correct one, but when I am trying to do it, it says my email is already taken.I don’t have this email on any Apple ID though. Hope you can help me solve this problem. Thanks.

Posted on Sep 14, 2021 12:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2021 8:30 AM

Are you using the address in some other context with Apple?

About your Apple ID email addresses - Apple Support

Apple doesn't have a position statement on re-using email addresses but from reports on this forum it is generally understood if you have recently used an email address with Apple for another purpose such as a rescue email address it cannot be re-used immediately for another purpose.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 14, 2021 8:30 AM in response to AlexShander

Are you using the address in some other context with Apple?

About your Apple ID email addresses - Apple Support

Apple doesn't have a position statement on re-using email addresses but from reports on this forum it is generally understood if you have recently used an email address with Apple for another purpose such as a rescue email address it cannot be re-used immediately for another purpose.

Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.