Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Day or night in 12 hour format

How can I find out is it day or night in 12 hour format on the locked screen? Can't see AM/PM on screen, ios 14.7.1. Is it a UX bug? I can see it on my "Region format example" in Settings, but can't see anywhere on screen excluding "Clock" app

Posted on Sep 14, 2021 3:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2021 3:45 AM

magasumovn wrote:

How can I find out is it day or night in 12 hour format on the locked screen? Can't see AM/PM on screen, ios 14.7.1. Is it a UX bug? I can see it on my "Region format example" in Settings, but can't see anywhere on screen excluding "Clock" app

There is no a.m./p.m on the lock screen. If you don't have any other way of knowing if it's day or night other than your phone, perhaps the 24-hour format would serve you better.

You can also let Apple know what you'd like to see in the future here:

Product Feedback - Apple

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 14, 2021 3:45 AM in response to magasumovn

magasumovn wrote:

There is no a.m./p.m on the lock screen. If you don't have any other way of knowing if it's day or night other than your phone, perhaps the 24-hour format would serve you better.

You can also let Apple know what you'd like to see in the future here:

Product Feedback - Apple

Sep 14, 2021 3:23 AM in response to magasumovn

1. Turn on Set Automatically in Settings > General > Date & Time. This automatically sets your date and time based on your time zone. If there’s an available time zone update, your device lets you know.
  2. Allow your device to use its current location to determine the correct time zone. To do this, go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services and select Setting Time Zone.
  3. Check that your device shows the correct time zone in Settings > General > Date & Time > Time Zone.

Day or night in 12 hour format

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.