Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 12 Pro Max software update to 14.8

My iPhone 12 Pro Max says that the software is up to date, but it is 14.7. How can I get it to update to 14.8?

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 14, 2021 8:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 1:41 PM

Finally found how to remove the beta version.

Remove the public beta by deleting the beta profile

If you used a computer to install an iOS beta, you need to restore iOS to remove the beta version.

The easiest way to remove the public beta is to delete the beta profile, then wait for the next software update. Here's what to do: 

1. Go to Settings > General, and tap Profiles & Device Management.
  2. Tap the iOS Beta Software Profile.
  3. Tap Remove Profile, then restart your device.

When the next public version of iOS is available, install it to move back to a non-beta version of iOS. If an update is already available, you can install it by going to Settings > General > Software Update, but the iOS version must be later than the version you have.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2021 1:41 PM in response to Acjlady

Finally found how to remove the beta version.

Remove the public beta by deleting the beta profile

If you used a computer to install an iOS beta, you need to restore iOS to remove the beta version.

The easiest way to remove the public beta is to delete the beta profile, then wait for the next software update. Here's what to do: 

1. Go to Settings > General, and tap Profiles & Device Management.
  2. Tap the iOS Beta Software Profile.
  3. Tap Remove Profile, then restart your device.

When the next public version of iOS is available, install it to move back to a non-beta version of iOS. If an update is already available, you can install it by going to Settings > General > Software Update, but the iOS version must be later than the version you have.

Sep 21, 2021 3:18 PM in response to Kurtosis12

Yes you did. I looked for profiles, and somehow didn’t find it. Then I saw it said profiles and device management.

That’s when it clicked. I just have to be so careful about what I do because this is a company phone and they run all kinds of special software on here. Once I found the profiles and device management, and clicked on it I had options. Thank you for responding.

My iPhone 12 Pro Max software update to 14.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.