You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No contrast for icons and text.

Since upgrading to Big Sur, all text and type is so light I have to struggle to see it. It looks all washed out, even with the option of increase contrast which just seems to put a box around everything. It helps some but this is just awful. All the icons in the tool bars look washed out, similar to when you know an icon is not available. In Preferences, I can barely see the icon for the mouse. I can barely see the search bar outline in safari. In general, there is little contrast between what is accessible and what is not in so many windows and applications. I have to make everything bold in text edit, email, and a pages document to see it without a struggle. Is there anyway to fix it? I know I have aging eyes, but had no problems with High Sierra. This is awful!!!

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 11.5

Posted on Sep 14, 2021 10:35 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2021 5:44 AM

Thanks for your response. iMac profile is set and adjusting the color only changed the desktop picture and other photos.

I've been on the phone for quite some time with apple for the adjustment of the screen. We did a screen share and he could see how light everything displayed. As I said previously, increasing the contrast only put a box around everything which helped some. We finally changed the display to scaled, rather than default, but ...selected the default choice below it (center box). I never would have thought to do that. It is much better now. Still kind of light in comparison to Sierra, but manageable. Thanks!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 15, 2021 5:44 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Thanks for your response. iMac profile is set and adjusting the color only changed the desktop picture and other photos.

I've been on the phone for quite some time with apple for the adjustment of the screen. We did a screen share and he could see how light everything displayed. As I said previously, increasing the contrast only put a box around everything which helped some. We finally changed the display to scaled, rather than default, but ...selected the default choice below it (center box). I never would have thought to do that. It is much better now. Still kind of light in comparison to Sierra, but manageable. Thanks!

No contrast for icons and text.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.