Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Every time I get asked to type my Apple ID’s password on my IPhone or IPad I end up with a locked account even thought I know the password is right.

The premise here is that this happens quite a lot, and for quite a while now, on my older iPhone SE, on my newer Mini, and on my IPadAir2.

Every so often my IPhone and IPad prompt me to insert my Apple ID’s password, and once I’ve complied, my Apple ID gets locked. Every Single Time.

I then go through the recovery procedure, which leads me to the option of either reset or to retype the password.

At this point I always choose to retype and once I’ve tapped the same exact password the account gets unlocked.

I’ve also tried to reset the password, which did nothing at all.

any ideas?

thanks for getting this far and excuse me for this turning into an essay.

iPhone 12 mini

Posted on Sep 14, 2021 10:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2021 10:56 AM

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - https://support.apple.com/HT204169 "This article provides country-specific Apple Support contact information for customers seeking help with their Apple ID password or other security-related issues."

3 replies

Sep 14, 2021 10:37 AM in response to LucaBeardani

Have you changed your Apple ID email address or password recently? Please click on this link and read "What to do after [or before] you change your Apple ID [email address] or password" ➔ https://support.apple.com/HT204071 - "After you change your Apple ID email address or password, you might need to update your sign-in information with any Apple services you're using." - Or if you're seeing persistent disabled messages or repeated requests for the password to your previous Apple ID. You may also wish to turn off "Find My" before changing information and turn it on again afterward.

Go through your settings and make sure anywhere you may sign into your Apple Account you are using updated information.

Every time I get asked to type my Apple ID’s password on my IPhone or IPad I end up with a locked account even thought I know the password is right.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.