Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can i? is it easy to? have a cell automatically open and show a webpage in a cell?

is it possible to have a cell show the latest prices from argos (or shopping site) to show the price inside a cell? is this possible? Could i manage as a novice user?

Thank you,

Posted on Sep 14, 2021 11:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2021 1:46 PM

Short answer: no, it is not possible as a novice user.

I don't know if it is even possible for an expert user. Numbers is not a database app that can show webpages in frames or to query websites for data (other than the built-in functions that go through Yahoo Finance to get stock and currency prices). It might be accomplished with scripting but I am not aware of anything that has been written to take either a snapshot of a webpage for a cell background image or to query a website for the price of a product. I assume with the frequency of changes to websites that anything written would only work for a short time.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 14, 2021 1:46 PM in response to Fruityboy

Short answer: no, it is not possible as a novice user.

I don't know if it is even possible for an expert user. Numbers is not a database app that can show webpages in frames or to query websites for data (other than the built-in functions that go through Yahoo Finance to get stock and currency prices). It might be accomplished with scripting but I am not aware of anything that has been written to take either a snapshot of a webpage for a cell background image or to query a website for the price of a product. I assume with the frequency of changes to websites that anything written would only work for a short time.

Can i? is it easy to? have a cell automatically open and show a webpage in a cell?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.