Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weird Problem- Help With Logic Loops

Hi all,

I've been using Logic Express 8 for about 2 years and I've got a pretty good handle on things. However I keep having this small little problem and usually restarting the software fixes it, but not this time.

My problem is this: I'm trying to make some beats using software instruments. So I click on "Drums and Percussion" then "Ultrabeat" then choose my drum kit. I start punching in my beats but Logic is playing some Apple Loop on top of it! Theres no notes on the track and yet it still plays this random beat! I can adjust the tempo and the beat adjusts to it.

The problem is there is nothing there. Its a blank track, but this beat keeps playing.

I used to just restart the program when it happened and it usually took care of it, however it won't fix it this time.

I know it's probably some check box I don't have clicked or something but if someone could help me out, I'd be very appreciative.

Thanks,

Josh

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Aug 3, 2010 3:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2010 5:10 AM

what do you mean 'some apple loop'? Do you know the apple loop?

Are there any hidden tracks in the Arrange area?
Is the Power button on in Ultrabeat? This will playback the selected pattern when Logic's sequencer is playing.

JG
3 replies

Weird Problem- Help With Logic Loops

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.