Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to enable JavaScript in files on iPad

Hey. I’m trying to open a file from files, but it’s giving me “enable the JavaScript” in files. Can anybody tell me how? Got bad hearing, so I can’t talk to support

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Sep 14, 2021 12:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2021 9:54 AM

Hello Itachi0304,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

We understand that you're unable to view a file and are prompted to enable JavaScript on your iPad but are not sure how. We'd be happy to help.

You can enable this in the advanced settings for Safari in the Settings app. Open Settings > Safari > Advanced > toggle JavaScript on.

Have a nice day.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2021 9:54 AM in response to Itachi0304

Hello Itachi0304,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

We understand that you're unable to view a file and are prompted to enable JavaScript on your iPad but are not sure how. We'd be happy to help.

You can enable this in the advanced settings for Safari in the Settings app. Open Settings > Safari > Advanced > toggle JavaScript on.

Have a nice day.

Sep 15, 2021 11:09 AM in response to Itachi0304

Itachi0304,

What kind of file are you trying to open? It's possible it may not be a supported file type.

Also, did you enable JavaScript in your Safari settings? If so, try this: open the file and tap the share icon in the top right (the box with the arrow you see in the original image you shared) choose the option to open with Safari. Are you able to open it?

Take care.

How to enable JavaScript in files on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.