Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad transfer taking over 2.5 hours. fo i restartand retry?

IPad Air 2 data being transferred to new iPad Air 4th generation. It has been over 2.5 hours. Do I restart? Or do I keep waiting? Devices Side by side and plugged in to power. New device Screen says “it may take a few minutes to transfer your iPad”. Old screen says “keep this iPad near your new iPad while your information is transferred”. The circle below is spinning. Thanks for any advice with this. I wonder if I need to start over?

Posted on Sep 14, 2021 5:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2021 5:56 PM

Depending upon the quantity of data to be transferred, the process may take many hours.

If you believe that you may have a lot of data to transfer, you would be well advised to connect both devices to their Power Adapters - and leave them undisturbed for a few hours (or overnight). Should then process then have made no progress, that would would be the time to consider that the process may have stalled - requiring intervention and restart.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 14, 2021 5:56 PM in response to Oceansidebeach

Depending upon the quantity of data to be transferred, the process may take many hours.

If you believe that you may have a lot of data to transfer, you would be well advised to connect both devices to their Power Adapters - and leave them undisturbed for a few hours (or overnight). Should then process then have made no progress, that would would be the time to consider that the process may have stalled - requiring intervention and restart.

ipad transfer taking over 2.5 hours. fo i restartand retry?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.