Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i got a used iphone says, iPhone is disabled connect to itunes?

i bought a used iphone that says iPhone disaabled connect to itunes. i don't know how on the phone. What do i do to activate it, my other iphone broke

iPhone

Posted on Sep 14, 2021 8:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2021 8:12 PM

Click here and follow the instructions. Restoring the iPhone requires plugging it into a computer with iTunes installed, or a Mac running Catalina or newer.

If you encounter the activation lock afterwards, contact the seller.

(204784)

3 replies

Sep 14, 2021 8:15 PM in response to cjw50

You bought a phone which was clearly not prepared properly for you at all. And it's likely not going to have a good outcome. In order to open a phone which is disabled, you will have to connect it to a computer with iTunes. In the process you MUST know the Apple ID and Apple ID Password used to set up this phone. I'm pretty sure you don't have a clue who set up the phone, what the Apple ID or Apple ID Password is. Apple won't help you with that. We can't help you with that.

If you can return this phone for refund, you should do that. The chances of you getting past this are pretty much impossible. Do you know the person you purchased the phone from? They must be able to share these details with you.

i got a used iphone says, iPhone is disabled connect to itunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.