Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can i update my imac to the new updated ver of ios

can i ask if i can update my imac to the new ios?

Posted on Sep 14, 2021 11:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2021 10:31 AM

A Mac does not run iOS. That is for iPhones and iPads. A Mac runs Mac OS. As noted, which operating system can be installed depends on the year and model of your Mac. The second point you need to know is the difference between an update and an upgrade. They are completely different. An update is when you install a newer version of the same OS. Access to these updates is found under the Apple logo under About This Mac. If none is there, then you are already up to date. An upgrade is when you install a newer operating system such as upgrading from Catalina to Big Sur. This s sometimes accessed the same way as updates. Otherwise the OS is available via links on Apple's web site or from the Apple store. When accessing these links, use only the Safari browser, never Firefox. It won't work.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2021 10:31 AM in response to PapiEdgar

A Mac does not run iOS. That is for iPhones and iPads. A Mac runs Mac OS. As noted, which operating system can be installed depends on the year and model of your Mac. The second point you need to know is the difference between an update and an upgrade. They are completely different. An update is when you install a newer version of the same OS. Access to these updates is found under the Apple logo under About This Mac. If none is there, then you are already up to date. An upgrade is when you install a newer operating system such as upgrading from Catalina to Big Sur. This s sometimes accessed the same way as updates. Otherwise the OS is available via links on Apple's web site or from the Apple store. When accessing these links, use only the Safari browser, never Firefox. It won't work.

can i update my imac to the new updated ver of ios

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.