Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to restore old Do Not Disturb behavior on iPadOS 15?

Hello everyone.

I just yesterday installed the new iPadOS 15.0 (19A344) on my iPad Pro 11" (2nd generation), and I discovered that Do Not Disturb is now part of the new Focus feature. Unfortunately, the behavior seems to have changed.

Before: Device would be muted and notifications would not light the device on lock screen. Notifications would show up (and sound) as normally when actively using the device.

Now: Device is muted and notifications don't light the device on lock screen. Notifications don't show up (or sound) at all when actively using the device.

I tried to play around with the Do Not Disturb Focus settings, but I haven't been able to restore the old behavior. I DO want (and actually need) my device to show notifications when I'm actively using it, even when Do Not Disturb is on, just like it did all the time before iPadOS 15. How can I achieve that? Am I missing some setting somewhere? Thank you!

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Sep 15, 2021 1:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2021 1:27 AM

At present, iOS/iPadOS 15 is officially still in beta. When you enrolled in the Apple beta programme, you were informed that bugs and other functional limitations are to be expected.

The Terms of Use that govern our participation within these Apple Support Communities disallows discussion of beta-release software. Until iPadOS15 is released as production software, discussion of this (and other) beta release software is constrained to be able to offer guidance as to how to restore the current production version of iPadOS14.

How to uninstall iOS beta software - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2021 1:27 AM in response to Isleño

At present, iOS/iPadOS 15 is officially still in beta. When you enrolled in the Apple beta programme, you were informed that bugs and other functional limitations are to be expected.

The Terms of Use that govern our participation within these Apple Support Communities disallows discussion of beta-release software. Until iPadOS15 is released as production software, discussion of this (and other) beta release software is constrained to be able to offer guidance as to how to restore the current production version of iPadOS14.

How to uninstall iOS beta software - Apple Support

How to restore old Do Not Disturb behavior on iPadOS 15?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.