Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I set a rescue email for my AppleID after I have set up 2-factor authentication?

I have set up two-factor authentication on my iPhone as a security setting, however, just to be safe (in case I ever lose access to this phone/number) I'd also like to set up a rescue email.

Unfortunately, once I set the 2FA, the option to set a rescue email has disappeared from the menu.

My question is, where can I find this option?

Posted on Sep 15, 2021 1:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2021 9:11 AM

Read about aspects of Two Factor Authentication here --> Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

About your Apple ID email addresses - Apple Support

"Most people have a notification email address instead of a rescue email address. Apple uses this to send you important account and security related information. If you don't use two-factor authentication or two-step verification (learn how to check what security method you use), you have the option to add a rescue email address to your account for more security. You can see it when you sign in to your Apple ID account page."

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2021 9:11 AM in response to ayeza96

Read about aspects of Two Factor Authentication here --> Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

About your Apple ID email addresses - Apple Support

"Most people have a notification email address instead of a rescue email address. Apple uses this to send you important account and security related information. If you don't use two-factor authentication or two-step verification (learn how to check what security method you use), you have the option to add a rescue email address to your account for more security. You can see it when you sign in to your Apple ID account page."

How do I set a rescue email for my AppleID after I have set up 2-factor authentication?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.