Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my Ipad restarting itself

I bought an Ipad 8gen recently and it started to restart itself frequently

Posted on Sep 15, 2021 4:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2021 4:29 AM

Without detailed information as to circumstances, or patterns of usage that may contribute to a spontaneous restart, diagnosis of the cause is difficult.

You might be best advised to seek assistance directly from Apple Support - who have the ability to run remote diagnostic tests and/or review performance log files. You will find the Get Support link at top-right of this page. Alternatively, you can open a support case using the excellent Apple Support App; if not already installed on your iPad, the App can be downloaded from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/apple-support/id1130498044

As a further alternative, you might consider seeking diagnostic assistance from the technicians at the Genius Bar of your local Apple Store:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2021 4:29 AM in response to Dakislav

Without detailed information as to circumstances, or patterns of usage that may contribute to a spontaneous restart, diagnosis of the cause is difficult.

You might be best advised to seek assistance directly from Apple Support - who have the ability to run remote diagnostic tests and/or review performance log files. You will find the Get Support link at top-right of this page. Alternatively, you can open a support case using the excellent Apple Support App; if not already installed on your iPad, the App can be downloaded from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/apple-support/id1130498044

As a further alternative, you might consider seeking diagnostic assistance from the technicians at the Genius Bar of your local Apple Store:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Why is my Ipad restarting itself

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.