Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fast Charging iPhone 13

Could I charge an iPhone 13 with a 12W Power Adapter and is this bad for the device?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Sep 15, 2021 6:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2021 6:16 AM

How to fast charge your iPhone 13

Use fast charge with certain iPhone models. You can recharge your iPhone up to 50 percent battery in around 30 minutes.

You can fast charge your iPhone 8 and later up to 50 percent battery in around 30 minutes.1

Fast charging works when you use an Apple USB-C to Lightning cable and one of these adapters:

• Apple 18W, 20W,2 29W, 30W, 61W, 87W, or 96W USB-C Power Adapter
  • A comparable third-party USB-C power adapter that supports USB Power Delivery (USB-PD)

You can use Apple 10W and 12W USB power adapters to charge your iPhone and other Apple accessories, like AirPods and Siri Remote. Just connect your device to the power adapter with the USB to Lightning cable, 30-pin to USB cable, or Apple Watch charger that came with your device. 

More information about Fast Charging your iPhone from Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2021 6:16 AM in response to Tattoedvp

How to fast charge your iPhone 13

Use fast charge with certain iPhone models. You can recharge your iPhone up to 50 percent battery in around 30 minutes.

You can fast charge your iPhone 8 and later up to 50 percent battery in around 30 minutes.1

Fast charging works when you use an Apple USB-C to Lightning cable and one of these adapters:

• Apple 18W, 20W,2 29W, 30W, 61W, 87W, or 96W USB-C Power Adapter
  • A comparable third-party USB-C power adapter that supports USB Power Delivery (USB-PD)

You can use Apple 10W and 12W USB power adapters to charge your iPhone and other Apple accessories, like AirPods and Siri Remote. Just connect your device to the power adapter with the USB to Lightning cable, 30-pin to USB cable, or Apple Watch charger that came with your device. 

More information about Fast Charging your iPhone from Apple Support

Sep 19, 2021 5:16 PM in response to drossignolo

drossignolo wrote:

Hello, I was told by a salesman if I used a usb charger for the new Apple iPhone 13, on my computer or Apple CarPlay I could damage my phone. Is this correct? If yes what’s my options.
Thanks.

That is utter nonsense. Any USB charger made by Apple or certified by Apple has Made for iPhone can be used without damaging your phone. There are 3rd party counterfeit chargers and cables that can damage a phone, but as long as you stick with Apple-approved devices your phone will be safe.

Fast Charging iPhone 13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.