Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

11.6 broke my privacy preferences

Since installing 11.6 yesterday, I have noticed several broken things.

There are no longer any apps listed in the privacy tab in the Security & Privacy pane in System Preferences for 'Screen Recording', 'Full Disk Access' and 'Input Monitoring'.

Attempting to authenticate and manually add my apps back in there results in nothing being saved.

For example, I can no longer use push to talk in discord, bartender, and various other things that used to be there.

Anyone have any ideas?

Posted on Sep 15, 2021 11:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2021 12:54 PM

Hi dboroditsky,

It sounds like your having issues with the Security & Privacy settings on your Mac. We have some recommendations.

Try booting into safe mode, logging in and testing to see if the issue persists. You can find the steps for safe mode located here: How to use safe mode on your Mac 

If you’re still noticing issues after safe mode, check to see if this is something that's isolated to just your user on your Mac, or if it's system-wide. Please use the steps from the section “Add a user” to create a new user on your Mac: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

Additionally, test after using First Aid on the startup disk: Repair a storage device in Disk Utility on Mac

Keep us posted!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2021 12:54 PM in response to dboroditsky

Hi dboroditsky,

It sounds like your having issues with the Security & Privacy settings on your Mac. We have some recommendations.

Try booting into safe mode, logging in and testing to see if the issue persists. You can find the steps for safe mode located here: How to use safe mode on your Mac 

If you’re still noticing issues after safe mode, check to see if this is something that's isolated to just your user on your Mac, or if it's system-wide. Please use the steps from the section “Add a user” to create a new user on your Mac: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

Additionally, test after using First Aid on the startup disk: Repair a storage device in Disk Utility on Mac

Keep us posted!

11.6 broke my privacy preferences

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.