You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Solved: Turning on/off rotation lock with a broken screen

I recently broke my iPhone screen and have been scouring the internet for how to access the control centre (as I can’t pull it down, that part of the screen doesn’t work). I saw a thread with lots of people saying they had the same issue, and lots of comments saying there was no way to fix it. The post was locked so I thought I’d make my own as nobody else seemed to know what to do.

I just solved it! If you open YouTube on your phone, click a random video, make it full screen. It will turn the video so you have to hold your phone sideways. From there, you can access control centre / rotation lock without touching the broken screen part. It moves the control centre to the other side of your phone.

Hope this helps someone!

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 15, 2021 11:19 AM

There are no replies.

Solved: Turning on/off rotation lock with a broken screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.