Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 announcement and 802.11ax connectivity -- does it support Wifi-6E?

I'm curious if anyone knows if the new iPhone13 supports Wifi-6E. Per the Apple site it says it supports 802.11ax. However it appears that .ax can be Wifi 6 or Wifi 6E. There does not appear to be a distinction. Can anyone confirm if 6E (6GHZ band) is available on the new iPhone? I'm looking to upgrade my home network to 6E but only if devices such as the iPhone13 and whenever the new MBPs come out support it. I want to take advantage of the 6GHZ band in the "6E" version of 802.11ax.

Thanks in advance.

Posted on Sep 15, 2021 11:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2021 11:13 AM

Hmm I may have found my own answer. I was reviewing the new iPad mini and saw the specs for it listed as:

"802.11ax Wi‑Fi 6; simultaneous dual band (2.4GHz and 5GHz)"

So the iPad mini doesn't support the 6GHZ band i.e. Wifi-6E. I suspect that the iPhone follows suit.

Would love someone from Apple to comment on the details.

Looks like I will be skipping the iPhone 13 and wait for the 14 which I hope supports 6E. I really hope the MBP's support 6E.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2021 11:13 AM in response to Cyberfed

Hmm I may have found my own answer. I was reviewing the new iPad mini and saw the specs for it listed as:

"802.11ax Wi‑Fi 6; simultaneous dual band (2.4GHz and 5GHz)"

So the iPad mini doesn't support the 6GHZ band i.e. Wifi-6E. I suspect that the iPhone follows suit.

Would love someone from Apple to comment on the details.

Looks like I will be skipping the iPhone 13 and wait for the 14 which I hope supports 6E. I really hope the MBP's support 6E.

iPhone 13 announcement and 802.11ax connectivity -- does it support Wifi-6E?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.