Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Icons

I accidentally deleted my Facebook icon while it was giggling. How do I get it back? I went to the App Store and it just opens it. It doesn’t restor to my Home Screen

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 15, 2021 12:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2021 12:45 PM

If the App Store gives the Open option, that indicates that the app was not deleted. With iOS 14 apps can be removed from the home screen without being deleted. If you have iOS 14, go to the App Library (swipe left past your last home screen). From there you can touch and hold an app and slide it left back to the home screen.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2021 12:45 PM in response to PattyGEMTP

If the App Store gives the Open option, that indicates that the app was not deleted. With iOS 14 apps can be removed from the home screen without being deleted. If you have iOS 14, go to the App Library (swipe left past your last home screen). From there you can touch and hold an app and slide it left back to the home screen.

Icons

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.