Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 14.7

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me. I have an iPhone 8 and I’ve never had any problems with it, until now!

For some reason, I am unable to install the latest iOS. I have tried with my phone fully charged, still plugged in and charging, over wifi, through my mobile data, I have turned my phone of and off and I have also freed up some more space on my phone. But for some reason it still won’t let me carry out the update, it instead comes up with this error message (picture attached). As you can see from the photo my phone is currently charging and is connected to a strong wifi. I have tried to update it for a couple of weeks now and it just isn’t having any of it.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening? Or I should say not happening!

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 15, 2021 12:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2021 1:02 PM

That isn’t the latest iOS. You’re trying to install an update which has been superseded - twice. That’s probably why it won’t install. Delete this update and you should then be able to download and install iOS14.8. You need to do it over WiFi.

1 reply

iOS 14.7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.