Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad charging

When I charge my ipad with an iphone charger my charging decreases very fast as compared to when I charge it with the ipad charger. What is the reason behind it?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Sep 16, 2021 1:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2021 2:45 AM

The reason for the observed differences in charging is the power output of the charing source…

iPhone Power Adapters are often rated at 5W - which, if the iPad charges at all, will charge very slowly.

Most models of iPad require a Power Adapter rated at 12W or greater to reliably charge. iPad Pro models are currently supplied with a 20W Power Adapter.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2021 2:45 AM in response to Raghav0408

The reason for the observed differences in charging is the power output of the charing source…

iPhone Power Adapters are often rated at 5W - which, if the iPad charges at all, will charge very slowly.

Most models of iPad require a Power Adapter rated at 12W or greater to reliably charge. iPad Pro models are currently supplied with a 20W Power Adapter.

iPad charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.