Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch gets texts but doesn’t display message

My Apple Watch revives texts but doesn’t display the message itself only the contact picture and name. I’m guessing there is a setting somewhere to change that but I can’t find it

Apple Watch SE, watchOS 8

Posted on Sep 16, 2021 7:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2021 8:18 AM

Hello Laddydaboi,

We see you have a question regarding the texts received on your Apple Watch, and we'd be happy to help.

When you note the text has just the contact's name and picture, is that happening with just the notification? If you head into the Messages app on your Apple Watch, is the text itself visible here?

If it's with just the notification, is it happening to all notifications where the content of the notification isn't visible?

For notifications, try launching the Watch app on the companion iPhone and head to Notifications in the My Watch tab. Check to see if you have 'Always Show Short Looks' on here, as well as 'Notification Privacy' disabled.

If the above options look OK, you can try restarting both the Apple Watch and the iPhone:

Restart your iPhone

How to restart your Apple Watch

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2021 8:18 AM in response to Laddydaboi

Hello Laddydaboi,

We see you have a question regarding the texts received on your Apple Watch, and we'd be happy to help.

When you note the text has just the contact's name and picture, is that happening with just the notification? If you head into the Messages app on your Apple Watch, is the text itself visible here?

If it's with just the notification, is it happening to all notifications where the content of the notification isn't visible?

For notifications, try launching the Watch app on the companion iPhone and head to Notifications in the My Watch tab. Check to see if you have 'Always Show Short Looks' on here, as well as 'Notification Privacy' disabled.

If the above options look OK, you can try restarting both the Apple Watch and the iPhone:

Restart your iPhone

How to restart your Apple Watch

Take care.

Apple Watch gets texts but doesn’t display message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.