Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Movies

Hi,

I would like to ask regarding “movies rental”

can I watch movie if I dont have internet (in airplane) or I need internet?

Thank you

Posted on Sep 16, 2021 9:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2021 12:24 PM

That will work fine, if you download the content directly from Apple’s servers to your playback device (e.g. iPad).

Content is authorized for the device it was originally downloaded to, and then doesn’t need an online connection later.

Rentals are valid for 48 hours from the moment playback starts.

Rent movies from the Apple TV app - Apple Support

• Tap/click  to download after completing the rent transaction.
  • Some devices may ask Watch now or Watch later at the end of the rent transaction. Don’t start playback before you mean to, as that might cut into the aforementioned rental time.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2021 12:24 PM in response to Dinb1

That will work fine, if you download the content directly from Apple’s servers to your playback device (e.g. iPad).

Content is authorized for the device it was originally downloaded to, and then doesn’t need an online connection later.

Rentals are valid for 48 hours from the moment playback starts.

Rent movies from the Apple TV app - Apple Support

• Tap/click  to download after completing the rent transaction.
  • Some devices may ask Watch now or Watch later at the end of the rent transaction. Don’t start playback before you mean to, as that might cut into the aforementioned rental time.

Movies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.