Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad will not update to IOS 14.8

My iPad shows updated software at 12.x.x? I can’t update to IOS 14.8. How?

iPad mini 4, iPadOS 14

Posted on Sep 16, 2021 2:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2021 2:44 PM

The iPad Mini second generation, released by Apple in 2013, as well as the iPad Mini third generation, released by Apple in 2014, cannot be updated beyond iPadOS 12.x.

5 replies

Sep 18, 2021 8:38 AM in response to BigRedDog41

Your older iPad, that is forever stuck on some version of iOS 12, currently at iOS 12.5.4, is, currently, NOT affected by any recent security issues.

Currently this security issue does not affect ANY older iPad models still running iOS 12 or earlier.

This security exploit ONLY affects iPad/iPhone models running iOS/iPadOS 13/14.

Apple has been issuing security patches for iOS 12 devices right along and, at times, if needed, for even older devices.

Until Apple is made known of a security issue that affects earlier iOS versions and devices, Apple has no reasons to issue such a security update for its older devices.

Until such an issue is made known to Apple, such a security update would, most likely, be issued by Apple at the appropriate time.

Until then, your year and model iPad running iOS 12 is fine and unaffected by this current security breach.

You can keep using this iPad with little worries.

Best of Luck to You!

My iPad will not update to IOS 14.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.