Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

get my iPad to use its own hot spot?? 😵😵

Why doesn't my iPad use its own hot spot?? My iPhone uses my iPad and my iPad uses my phone's hot spot.. Isn't my iPad supposed to be able to use its own???

iPad Air, iPadOS 14

Posted on Sep 16, 2021 5:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2021 10:06 PM

Cellular HotSpots are created on a device so that other devices can use the HotSpot and access cellular data.

If your iPad is a Wi-Fi + Cellular model and you have a its cellular service activated then it will not need a HotSpot to connect to the internet. It will use its own available Cellular service just like your iPhone.

It is also true that your iPad can use your iPhone’s cellular service (HotSpot) to connect to the internet if you want to. The vice versa is also true if your cellular service provider allows it.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2021 10:06 PM in response to Tink_y

Cellular HotSpots are created on a device so that other devices can use the HotSpot and access cellular data.

If your iPad is a Wi-Fi + Cellular model and you have a its cellular service activated then it will not need a HotSpot to connect to the internet. It will use its own available Cellular service just like your iPhone.

It is also true that your iPad can use your iPhone’s cellular service (HotSpot) to connect to the internet if you want to. The vice versa is also true if your cellular service provider allows it.

Axel F.

get my iPad to use its own hot spot?? 😵😵

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.