You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone got stolen but I already sign out my Apple ID from the phone! I want to track the phone

The iPhone type is xs max silver color was sloten

iPhone XS Max, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 17, 2021 10:05 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2021 10:09 AM

Unfortunately, the worst thing you can do is sign out of your Apple ID on this phone for two reasons:

1. There is no method now available to you, from Apple, to track it. The only method was to use "Find My," but that is now disabled on this phone when you signed out of your ID.
  2. Your stolen phone is no longer activation locked ... for the same reason. That means that this phone can now potentially be accessed.

There are, at least, three things you need to do immediately:

1. Change your Apple ID password.
  2. Contact your local law enforcement agency to report the phone as stolen.
  3. Contact your cellular provider to report the phone as stolen, as well.
5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 17, 2021 10:09 AM in response to Oms11

Unfortunately, the worst thing you can do is sign out of your Apple ID on this phone for two reasons:

1. There is no method now available to you, from Apple, to track it. The only method was to use "Find My," but that is now disabled on this phone when you signed out of your ID.
  2. Your stolen phone is no longer activation locked ... for the same reason. That means that this phone can now potentially be accessed.

There are, at least, three things you need to do immediately:

1. Change your Apple ID password.
  2. Contact your local law enforcement agency to report the phone as stolen.
  3. Contact your cellular provider to report the phone as stolen, as well.

My iPhone got stolen but I already sign out my Apple ID from the phone! I want to track the phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.