Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What can be done about spyware infected Mac

What can be done if spyware has infected my Mac?

Posted on Sep 17, 2021 11:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2021 11:43 AM

If you believe your Mac has been compromised by malware, adware or spyware (not likely), you should download and run Malwarebytes

It’s a safe and recommended utility from a trusted developer and respected ASC contributor. The application scans for adware and malware and is a popular tool among veteran users here in the Community. See if it can identify any malware you may have accidentally installed. The free version is probably all you need at this point.

Is there something going on with the Mac that makes you suspicious?

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2021 11:43 AM in response to John19-19

If you believe your Mac has been compromised by malware, adware or spyware (not likely), you should download and run Malwarebytes

It’s a safe and recommended utility from a trusted developer and respected ASC contributor. The application scans for adware and malware and is a popular tool among veteran users here in the Community. See if it can identify any malware you may have accidentally installed. The free version is probably all you need at this point.

Is there something going on with the Mac that makes you suspicious?

Sep 17, 2021 6:21 PM in response to D.I. Johnson

Thanks again so much. It appears that it got rid of the files that were corrupting it. Since some of the passwords were compromised, I am going to reset as many of those as I possibly can but at least the computer the Mac is working well faster. I will likely continue the subscription since there are so many tactics that hackers use to get into macs. I have a MacBook Air also so it would be wise to try to cover both of them to make sure that there are no more intrusions. Again thank you so much for the recommendation.

What can be done about spyware infected Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.