Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting an external dvd to my macbook pro

Hi. I just purchased a USB-C to USB adapter from Apple in order to be able to connect my Dell external DVD drive to my new Macbook pro, but it doesn't seem to be working. If anyone can help me solve this problem, I would be most appreciative. Thanks.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Sep 17, 2021 12:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2021 1:08 PM

Fred394 wrote:

Hi. I just purchased a USB-C to USB adapter from Apple in order to be able to connect my Dell external DVD drive to my new Macbook pro, but it doesn't seem to be working. If anyone can help me solve this problem, I would be most appreciative. Thanks.

Not all external DVD drive are going to be compatible.

For your third party device—

You can always contact Dell Support/Help/FAQ/Known issues/compatibility if in doubt:

Support for Dell External USB Slim DVD +/- RW Optical

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2021 1:08 PM in response to Fred394

Fred394 wrote:

Not all external DVD drive are going to be compatible.

For your third party device—

You can always contact Dell Support/Help/FAQ/Known issues/compatibility if in doubt:

Support for Dell External USB Slim DVD +/- RW Optical

Connecting an external dvd to my macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.