Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro X error: "Failed to load Audio Unit "Virtual Mix", please contact the manufacturer for an updated version or further assistance.

I recently opened a Logic Pro X project that I haven't touched for a few weeks and received an error: "Failed to load Audio Unit "Virtual Mix", please contact the manufacturer for an updated version or further assistance.

1) I have not made any changes/updates to the plugin or Logic in that time.

2) I assume the Audio Unit in question is Slate Digital's "Virtual Mix Rack," which Plug-In Manager shows is installed and successfully validated.

** Has anyone encountered something like this? **

My guess is that Logic somehow corrupted the plugin name somewhere along the way. I can't recover what I previously had as there is no way to tell what the settings were and I couldn't possibly remember and repeat it all.

This is happening a little over a month after I just had to do a major reinstall from a hard drive failure and everything was working fine after the installation.

macOS Catalina 10.15.7

Logic Pro 10.6.3

Slate Digital Virtual Mix Rack v2.5.7

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 17, 2021 3:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2021 6:52 AM

Hi,

Any chance of an "auto" update with OSX?

Lots of issues with Catalina and legacy third party plugins. In most cases updating ( reinstalling ) the plugin with the latest from the vendor will fix the issue. When you get the update make sure the version fully supports Catalina or higher. Usually settings and presets are saved in separate folders and/or in the saved project so an update should allow you to access your previous work.

You can try and validate the existing plugin by going to the Plugin Manager, selecting the plugin and click "Reset & Rescan Selection". If it shows as "validated" quit, restart and try launching again. If the error persists you need to reach out to Slate Customer Support for help.

Hope this helps.

( If this was helpful please mark as such or mark as Solved if that is the case ) 

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 18, 2021 6:52 AM in response to josces

Hi,

Any chance of an "auto" update with OSX?

Lots of issues with Catalina and legacy third party plugins. In most cases updating ( reinstalling ) the plugin with the latest from the vendor will fix the issue. When you get the update make sure the version fully supports Catalina or higher. Usually settings and presets are saved in separate folders and/or in the saved project so an update should allow you to access your previous work.

You can try and validate the existing plugin by going to the Plugin Manager, selecting the plugin and click "Reset & Rescan Selection". If it shows as "validated" quit, restart and try launching again. If the error persists you need to reach out to Slate Customer Support for help.

Hope this helps.

( If this was helpful please mark as such or mark as Solved if that is the case ) 

Sep 19, 2021 1:30 PM in response to Don Mactavish

Yes, it took a while for everything to "sync up," but I spoke to Apple Support, and we verified that issue was with the plugin, not with Logic. I realized I was also having an iLok error that I had been skipping past. Slate Digital's support page helped tremendously and all the required steps were there:

https://slatedigital.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039900414-iLok-Issues-

After resolving the iLok issues, I was able to "Reset & Rescan Selection" in Logic's Plugin Manager and it succeeded, but the VMR plugin was still not responsive. I quit Logic and started it up again and received a new error, "The plug-in named 'Virtual Mix' isn't available on your system." I'm not sure what finally resolved it, but I did the scan one more time in Logic's Plugin Manager, closed everything, and it was magically working after opening the project again.

Thanks for the suggestions, Don! I think once I resolved the iLok issue, your solution worked.

Logic Pro X error: "Failed to load Audio Unit "Virtual Mix", please contact the manufacturer for an updated version or further assistance.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.