Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to update Iphone 6s IOS 14.7 to IOS 14.8 or IOS 15 Beta?

Hello, I have an Iphone 6s IOS 14.7. I kept getting these messages 200 times per day since last week. I couldn't call my mother for more than a few minutes.

I tried signing up for the Beta program to upgrade to IOS15, but I didnt have any space. Even if I deleted all my apps that totaled up to 2gb. , my Iphone 6s wouldnt have any space for the update.

and so I tried connecting it to my Mac Big sur computer & Windows10 PC. But I couldnt update my Iphone 6s through those connections either.

So my question is...How can I update my Iphone 6s IOS 14.7 to IOS 14.8 or IOS 15 Beta?

Posted on Sep 17, 2021 7:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2021 7:59 PM

You have a beta iOS version running on your phone.

Go to Settings > General > Profiles and delete the beta profile. 

Restart the phone and go to Settings > General > Software Update and click on the update which should be iOS 14.8. IOS 15 will be available on Sept. 20th.

14 replies

Sep 18, 2021 9:55 AM in response to Kurtosis12

This video doesn't help. You kept telling me to go to the General Configuration profile, sign out of the beta program & Reset.

But There's no Signed IOS 14 Beta in my Iphone 6S's General Configuration profile & I still keep getting this notification.

There's no space to download IOS14.8 and I can't download IOS 14.8 on my Iphone 6s through a Mac Big Sur & PC Windows 10 computer.

Sep 17, 2021 8:07 PM in response to Kurtosis12

Ok, I deleted the Beta Profile and restarted the Iphone. I received this message 20 times now.

I tried to update this through my computer. it doesnt work.

Sep 17, 2021 8:34 PM in response to Kurtosis12

How do I delete my new post?

I tried updating through iTunes on my computers Mac Big Sur, Mac Catalina, PC Windows 10. It doesnt work.

Sep 18, 2021 10:45 AM in response to Kurtosis12

I did. They told me to 1. wait for IOS 15 to come out (Sept. 20) & then download through the computer or 2. Backup, erase, update, & restore my Iphone 6S, Which I prefer to be my last choice.

How to update Iphone 6s IOS 14.7 to IOS 14.8 or IOS 15 Beta?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.