Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

continuing the thread for canon pixma pro 9000 mark 11 printer not supported on OS Big Sur update to fix security breach.

Hi Everyone,

I read the thread from March, and decided to give my canon 9000 pro color printer one last try. I am now on Mac OS Big Sur 11.6. 2017 iMac. I updated the OS to fix the security glitch two days ago and then lost my printers. According to Canon/Apple, Apple no longer supports this printer due to security issues...blah blah blah. An expensive printer that was working perfectly three days ago.

Here's what I did. shut my computer down. plugged in my canon printer, and reconnected the USB cable to my iMac directly from the printer, bypassing the hub I was using. Started up iMac, then opened system preferences, selected printers, and voila!! There is my canon 9000. I did a test print and its working normally. Never had a problem with this awesome printer.

I would like to hear if anyone else has had success with this issue.

Thanks!

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 11.6

Posted on Sep 17, 2021 9:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2021 6:44 AM

Hello,

This shows that it is always worth testing existing/older drivers, even if they are not specifically mentioned as supported.

A printing system reset (and re-adding the printer) can be tried to begin with.

Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem - Apple Support

Add a printer on Mac - Apple Support

There is also a Canon Printer Drivers v3.4 for macOS package download from Apple at https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1928?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US . While the web page shows a Jul 6, 2017 post date, the download link appears to indicate some kind of change during 2020. This download seems to have worked with some printers even under some newer system versions.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 18, 2021 6:44 AM in response to madroneberry

Hello,

This shows that it is always worth testing existing/older drivers, even if they are not specifically mentioned as supported.

A printing system reset (and re-adding the printer) can be tried to begin with.

Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem - Apple Support

Add a printer on Mac - Apple Support

There is also a Canon Printer Drivers v3.4 for macOS package download from Apple at https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1928?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US . While the web page shows a Jul 6, 2017 post date, the download link appears to indicate some kind of change during 2020. This download seems to have worked with some printers even under some newer system versions.

Sep 18, 2021 12:00 AM in response to madroneberry

If you go here,

https://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/products/printers/inkjet/pixma_pro_series/pixma_pro9000_mark_ii.html?type=drivers&language=en&os=macos%2011%20(big%20sur)

Make sure the operating selector is set for macOS 11 Big Sur.

You will see the printer was last officially supported in macOS High Sierra 10.13, so you are lucky that is still working

in macOS Big Sur.

continuing the thread for canon pixma pro 9000 mark 11 printer not supported on OS Big Sur update to fix security breach.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.