You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Pro 2021 Portrait and slowmotion back camera

Hello,

Does some one know why I can’t use the back camera on the iPad Pro 2021 when using the Portrait mode and the slowmotion mode? Little awkward, I only can make selfies with the nice portrait functionality on a very expensive device.

Regards,

Ruud

iPad Pro 12.9-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Sep 18, 2021 1:50 AM

2 replies

Sep 18, 2021 3:45 AM in response to Ruud2000

Because these features were NOT designed into the iPad Pro back camera.

Currenrly, the portrait camera feature is ONLY part of the front facing FaceTime camera on iPad Pro models.

Currently, these advanced features and more ONLY appear for the rear cameras on the most advanced iPhone models only.

Sorry.

You can post iPad feature request feedback here below.

Tap the link below.

Feedback - iPad - Apple

Sorry.

Sep 18, 2021 4:06 AM in response to Ruud2000

On iPad Pro models, you are paying for the MI chip,, XDR display, 8-16 GBs of RAM and larger internal data storage options.

Basically, you are paying MacBook/MacBook Pro prices for a “Pro” iPad model. NOT camera technology, which , today, IS STILL far better than what was available on earlier year iPad Pro models.

I paid nearly $1400 ( without any case/keyboard/Apple Pencil ) for a 256 GBs 2015/2016, 12.9 iPad Pro, in early 2016, and got a crummy 1.2mp FaceTime front camera and a 8mp rear camera with a small aperture and with NO LED fill flash light.

All Cameras on these newer designed 2018 and later year iPad Pro models, got far superior camera technology in them now.

Apple really still thinks its iPad Pro user base are not using iPads for any serious pro video/photography work and such “pro” video/photography work, for Apple, is the domain of the high end iPhone lineups!

Even with my crummy rear camera, I can still get very respectable images and video as long as enough light is coming into the camera lens.

I use small portable mobile lighting, devices, sometimes, to get great images and videos from my older iPad Pro.

Be grateful for what you have.

You have a greet device, already!

iPad Pro 2021 Portrait and slowmotion back camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.