Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I turn off my two step verification password

How do I turn off my two step verification code on my phone

Posted on Sep 18, 2021 8:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2021 8:33 AM

It isn't on your phone, it is on your Apple Account and anything using it.

Two-step verification for Apple ID - Apple Support

> "How do I turn off two-step verification?

If you really meant to ask about Two Factor Authentication, it is enabled by default on new Apple IDs and cannot be turned off.

If you have an old account and recently activated Two Factor Authentication note this section of an Apple support article:

"Two-factor authentication for Apple ID" - https://support.apple.com/HT204915

-->

"Can I turn off two-factor authentication after I’ve turned it on?

... If you recently updated your account, you can unenroll within two weeks of enrollment. Just open your enrollment confirmation email and click the link to return to your previous security settings ..."

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 18, 2021 8:33 AM in response to 1029MG1029

It isn't on your phone, it is on your Apple Account and anything using it.

Two-step verification for Apple ID - Apple Support

> "How do I turn off two-step verification?

If you really meant to ask about Two Factor Authentication, it is enabled by default on new Apple IDs and cannot be turned off.

If you have an old account and recently activated Two Factor Authentication note this section of an Apple support article:

"Two-factor authentication for Apple ID" - https://support.apple.com/HT204915

-->

"Can I turn off two-factor authentication after I’ve turned it on?

... If you recently updated your account, you can unenroll within two weeks of enrollment. Just open your enrollment confirmation email and click the link to return to your previous security settings ..."

How do I turn off my two step verification password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.