Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4K: No Dolby Vision If Connecter to Denon AVR

I recently bought the Denon AVR-X3700H to replace a Sony receiver in our home theater system. When Apple TV 4K is connected to the Denon receiver, we cannot view Dolby Vision content. If Apple TV is connected directly to our TV (Sony XR75X90J) we can view Dolby Vision content. Our HDMI cables support resolutions up to 8K@60Hz and 48Gbps bandwidth. What is the problem? Why can’t we view Dolby Vision content when using the Denon receiver?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 14

Posted on Sep 18, 2021 9:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2021 3:39 PM

The Sony is set to Enhanced.

If I understand the Sony documentation correctly, the TV would have such a setting for each HDMI port (with that capability) in use. If you connected the Apple TV to a different port than the receiver, that that would be independent for Enhanced setting. But if you have all that covered, then look elsewhere.

I'm using the ARC connection between TV and receiver.

Excellent. ✓

I've consulted the Denon manual and am using recommended settings.

The receiver in the chain seems to make the difference. To me it seems likely that a setting on there is making the difference, because the specs by itself are pretty awesome. You may want to get advise from Denon Support.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2021 3:39 PM in response to Timothy Cavanaugh

The Sony is set to Enhanced.

If I understand the Sony documentation correctly, the TV would have such a setting for each HDMI port (with that capability) in use. If you connected the Apple TV to a different port than the receiver, that that would be independent for Enhanced setting. But if you have all that covered, then look elsewhere.

I'm using the ARC connection between TV and receiver.

Excellent. ✓

I've consulted the Denon manual and am using recommended settings.

The receiver in the chain seems to make the difference. To me it seems likely that a setting on there is making the difference, because the specs by itself are pretty awesome. You may want to get advise from Denon Support.

Apple TV 4K: No Dolby Vision If Connecter to Denon AVR

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.