Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All of a sudden, I can't load music that I've downloaded into my Music app on my Mac

I cannot load music that I've downloaded into my Music on my Mac. Never have had an issue before.

Any ideas why this is not letting me load.

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 11.6

Posted on Sep 18, 2021 12:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2021 2:04 PM

Iowafilmman,

There are many ways to add an audio file to your iTunes/Music library. It is not uncommon for one or more of them to be broken. Once you are sure the valid file is on your local drive, try one or more of the following:

• Drag it into iTunes (or Music)
  • Drag it into a specific playlist (i.e., the open window of a regular playlist, not a smart playlist)
  • Drag it into the "Automatically Add..." folder
  • Use the command File > Import and navigate to its location
  • Right-click the MP3 and choose Open With > iTunes (or Music)
  • Double-click the MP3

If the audio file is valid, at least one of these should work.

If none of them work you may have an invalid or corrupt file.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 18, 2021 2:04 PM in response to iowafilmman

Iowafilmman,

There are many ways to add an audio file to your iTunes/Music library. It is not uncommon for one or more of them to be broken. Once you are sure the valid file is on your local drive, try one or more of the following:

• Drag it into iTunes (or Music)
  • Drag it into a specific playlist (i.e., the open window of a regular playlist, not a smart playlist)
  • Drag it into the "Automatically Add..." folder
  • Use the command File > Import and navigate to its location
  • Right-click the MP3 and choose Open With > iTunes (or Music)
  • Double-click the MP3

If the audio file is valid, at least one of these should work.

If none of them work you may have an invalid or corrupt file.

All of a sudden, I can't load music that I've downloaded into my Music app on my Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.