Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted song iTunes

Hello, a while back I purchased a song on iTunes thought the store. Today I wanted to move it to a different playlist and delete it from the playlist it was currently in. I clicked on delete and chose delete from library. It then disappeared from my iPhone and my library. When I go trough purchases to download it again it is nowhere to be found. When I look it up in the iTunes Store it seems like I never bought it in the first place and that I can buy it if I want to which makes no sense to me since I already bought it a few months ago. Does anyone know how to fix this ?

kind regards

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 18, 2021 2:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2021 11:53 AM

That Is,

Did you buy the song on the same Apple ID that you are now using? If so, it will stay in the Purchase History for your Apple ID. If it is hidden, you may have to unhide it. But songs don't get deleted from Purchase History, even if they get deleted from the library.

Please check again. It is probably there. But if no luck, contact Apple Support: https://getsupport.apple.com

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2021 11:53 AM in response to That_is

That Is,

Did you buy the song on the same Apple ID that you are now using? If so, it will stay in the Purchase History for your Apple ID. If it is hidden, you may have to unhide it. But songs don't get deleted from Purchase History, even if they get deleted from the library.

Please check again. It is probably there. But if no luck, contact Apple Support: https://getsupport.apple.com

Sep 18, 2021 6:03 PM in response to That_is

I clicked on delete and chose delete from library. It then disappeared from my iPhone and my library.

Yes, that is what "delete from library" means. :-)

If you are on a computer , the file is either still where it was (probably the artist folder) or else in your Trash/Recycle folder. Have you checked those?

The re-download should work if you are using the same Apple ID as you did for the purchase, and the item is still available in the Store. If the item got hidden, un-hide it: Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support

Deleted song iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.