Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

battery

My iPhone 12 ProMax takes less than a year to run on battery health. Now it's 88%. Can I go to the official flagship store to change the battery?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 18, 2021 10:44 PM

5 replies

Sep 19, 2021 4:49 PM in response to Jason9606

Jason9606 Said:

"battery: The point is, can I go to the official flagship store to replace the battery... Because my expiration date is at the end of November."

-------

Consider Going Through Apple:

Yes. Consider going there and finding out. Whoever the seller, you may want to consider contacting Apple, requesting a new battery. They'll take it in and will diagnose it. Having a one-year, out-of-the-box, limited warranty with the device, most certainly find out if this can be an option. Whether or not this is eligible for free replacement, ask Apple Support.

Contact Apple Support:

Note: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Sep 18, 2021 11:05 PM in response to Jason9606

Jason9606 Said:

"battery: My iPhone 12 ProMax takes less than a year to run on battery health. Now it's 88%. Can I go to the official flagship store to change the battery?"

-------

About Battery Degrading:

Batteries degrade as they are used, eventually depleting (which you should avoid). It cannot stay at 100%. I have had mine replaced a few times, due to high use. I do not use it as much at this moment in time. So, I have not had to replace it in a while. Unfortunately, there is no way to know how nor when this degrade occurs. Apple recommends that you get a new battery when the Battery Health reaches 80%. So, there is no need to change the battery, all is fine.

Sep 19, 2021 5:53 PM in response to Jason9606

Apple will replace the battery when it reaches 80%, not before. The capacity will drop an average of 1% a month for most users; slightly higher for heavy users who have to charge more than once a day (“have to” so the battery does not drop below 20%, not just because it’s convenient).

The absolute best way to slow the decline of battery capacity long term is to enable Optimized Battery Charging (Settings/Battery/Battery Health) and charge the device overnight, every night. The battery will fast charge to 80%, then pause. During the nighttime pause the phone will use mains power instead of battery power, allowing the battery to “rest”, and thus reducing the need to charge the battery quite as often. The phone will resume charging to reach 100% when you are ready to use your phone; it will “learn” your usage pattern. If you enable iCloud Backup (Settings/[your name]/iCloud - iCloud Backup) the phone will back up overnight also, assuring that you can never lose more than the current day’s updates.

battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.