Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Related Article: Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone or iPad to your Mac or PC

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos not restored from I tunes back up

I took a full back of my iphone 7 using itunes to my computer and had to replace some firmware chip. Later I restored the back up from my computer to the phone. NOW ALL PHOTOS are gone only contacts and apps were restored. then why it was called a full back up ? :(:( really disappointed and heart broken .. I wish if apple had clearly told about it , i would have taken a photos back up separately so sad :((((.

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 19, 2021 2:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2021 1:12 AM

Did you use iCloud Photos?

A computer backup of your device, which is not the same as a sync, includes almost all of your device's data and settings. A backup from a computer doesn't include:

• Content from the iTunes and App Stores, or PDFs downloaded directly to Apple Books
  • Content synced from Finder or iTunes, like imported MP3s or CDs, videos, books, and photos
  • Data already stored in iCloud, like iCloud Photos, iMessages, and text (SMS) and multimedia (MMS) messages
  • Face ID or Touch ID settings
  • Apple Pay information and settings
  • Apple Mail data
  • Activity, Health, and Keychain data (to back up this content, you'll need to use Encrypted Backup in iTunes.)

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2021 1:12 AM in response to mumthaz256

Did you use iCloud Photos?

A computer backup of your device, which is not the same as a sync, includes almost all of your device's data and settings. A backup from a computer doesn't include:

• Content from the iTunes and App Stores, or PDFs downloaded directly to Apple Books
  • Content synced from Finder or iTunes, like imported MP3s or CDs, videos, books, and photos
  • Data already stored in iCloud, like iCloud Photos, iMessages, and text (SMS) and multimedia (MMS) messages
  • Face ID or Touch ID settings
  • Apple Pay information and settings
  • Apple Mail data
  • Activity, Health, and Keychain data (to back up this content, you'll need to use Encrypted Backup in iTunes.)

Photos not restored from I tunes back up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.