Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when I try to change my Apple ID a new 3rd party email address I get a message that the Apple ID can't be the same as my notification email. If the notification email is the "Reachable at" email it is already the same with my current Apple ID.

Given my problem what do I need to do to get Apple ID changed?

Posted on Sep 19, 2021 8:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2021 6:17 AM

Is there a phone number I can call Apple to get help?

General number:

Contact Apple for support and service --> "See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world."

Click here --> https://support.apple.com/HT201232

"This article provides country-specific Apple Support contact information for customers seeking help with their Apple ID password or other security-related issues." Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2021 6:17 AM in response to maggie1850

Is there a phone number I can call Apple to get help?

General number:

Contact Apple for support and service --> "See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world."

Click here --> https://support.apple.com/HT201232

"This article provides country-specific Apple Support contact information for customers seeking help with their Apple ID password or other security-related issues." Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

Sep 19, 2021 10:01 AM in response to maggie1850

Clarification question - your Rescue email address is the same as your current Apple ID email address or it is the same as the email address you want to be your new Apple ID email address?

Apple hasn’t published any guidance for using an address again. Normally, if your e-mail address was associated with an ID in any way, for example as a Notification email address or a Rescue e-mail address, then it can't be reused with another Apple ID for approximately one year. I have also seen posts that stated Apple told them there was a 30 day waiting period before the address could be used again.  You will need to get another e-mail address to use as your Apple ID or you can try waiting 30 days to see if that works.

Sep 20, 2021 6:05 AM in response to Eric Root

In the field titled "Reachable at" I have the email address that is my Apple ID. I have also another email address that is the one I currently use. I can't remove the email address that correlates to my Apple ID in the edit function. I did remove the email address that I currently use and tried to change the Apple ID to that email with it removed from the "Reachable at" field. Still get the same error message. I do not see a field titled "Rescue email" or anything like that. Is there a phone number I can call Apple to get help?

when I try to change my Apple ID a new 3rd party email address I get a message that the Apple ID can't be the same as my notification email. If the notification email is the "Reachable at" email it is already the same with my current Apple ID.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.