Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Full Apple Pay Device code?

Can I see the full Apple Pay Device code?

Posted on Sep 19, 2021 11:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2021 4:44 PM

I guess that when I use Apple Pay at an Apple Store, I can inquire about if I am allowed to know the device code for each associated device--they appear to be unique to the device. Maybe I will bring in both, in my case.

2 replies

Sep 20, 2021 8:42 AM in response to XB77

Hi XB77,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you have a question about Apple Pay. We're happy to help.

The article here goes over details on how Apple Pay works: About Apple Pay

Specifically the section "How secure is Apple Pay?" that states:

"When you pay in stores, neither Apple nor your device sends your actual card numbers to merchants. When you pay within apps and on the web in Safari, the merchant will only receive information like name, email address, billing and shipping addresses that you authorize to share to fulfill your order. Apple Pay retains anonymous transaction information such as approximate purchase amount."

While there isn't a location to view your full device code, you can find more about the security and how Apple Pay works here: Apple Pay security and privacy overview

If you have any issues or questions about setting up Apple Pay, the article here will get you started: How to use Apple Pay

Cheers!

Full Apple Pay Device code?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.