Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removing birthdays from calendar

I have birthdays in my calendar though the cards of the individuals concerned have been deleted.

In addition for cards still in my contacts list I cannot edit the birthdays; though I entered them.

Finally my birthday appeared in my calendar though I never entered it and I cannot delete it. This is incredibly weird.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Sep 19, 2021 1:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 5:38 AM

It’s our pleasure Balouta, 

We’re glad you were able to delete some birthday events. In reference to your birthday is it associated to your contact card, or tied to an email? Are you able to edit the text for the birthday? If not, there’s a possibility that it may be a spam calendar event. The following article can help with removing spam calendars. 

Delete spam calendars and events on iPhone

If you’re unable to delete that birthday event it would be recommended to contact Apple. You can find their contact information via the Get Support website. 

Take care!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2021 5:38 AM in response to Balouta

It’s our pleasure Balouta, 

We’re glad you were able to delete some birthday events. In reference to your birthday is it associated to your contact card, or tied to an email? Are you able to edit the text for the birthday? If not, there’s a possibility that it may be a spam calendar event. The following article can help with removing spam calendars. 

Delete spam calendars and events on iPhone

If you’re unable to delete that birthday event it would be recommended to contact Apple. You can find their contact information via the Get Support website. 

Take care!

Sep 20, 2021 9:13 AM in response to Balouta

Hello Balouta, 

Being able to manage the birthdays and other calendar events in the Calendar application is important, and you’ve come to the right place for help! With the contacts where you’re unable to remove the birthday information, do you notice if those maybe synced from an email account? If so, managing the information via the email account would be the right next step. You may have to visit the email providers website, and login online to make those changes. 

You may also find the following article helpful with removing those events. 

If you can’t change a calendar or event on Mac

Let us know how that goes!

Sep 20, 2021 11:50 AM in response to Jeff_W.

Thank you. This helped to understand the calendar system, though I still find it pretty opaque. I got rid of some b'days in the calendar.

However; I still have to work out how my b'day got into my calendar, with a greeting - and the greeting is in German -Herzlichen Glückwunsch zum Geburtstag - though my language is set to English. Weird!

Removing birthdays from calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.