Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi we have found an ipad that was lost in a move about 6 years ago - it was never really used. really need help to unlock it!

How can I reset an older Ipad? I don't have an itunes account - really have no idea if I used an Itunes account when I first got this device.

Posted on Sep 19, 2021 4:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2021 6:50 PM

You have received the link in blue above your name which will help if it is Passcode Lock. If it is Activation Lock, you will need the Apple ID and Password that was used to set up the device. Without that info, we cannot help and Apple will not unless you can produce the original receipt clearly showing the serial number. If the device is as old as it sounds, you probbly would not find it that useful as it is probably too old to run newer software.

How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2021 6:50 PM in response to 117Yama

You have received the link in blue above your name which will help if it is Passcode Lock. If it is Activation Lock, you will need the Apple ID and Password that was used to set up the device. Without that info, we cannot help and Apple will not unless you can produce the original receipt clearly showing the serial number. If the device is as old as it sounds, you probbly would not find it that useful as it is probably too old to run newer software.

How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

Hi we have found an ipad that was lost in a move about 6 years ago - it was never really used. really need help to unlock it!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.